Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Momentous Month (7)

I finally got around to making a *brand new* button for this meme! It goes along with my blog design as well as all my other buttons. If you'd like to join in with my momentous month, just remember to link back to my blog! You can use the new button if you'd like as well. :)
My Momentous Month is a weekly meme which is hosted here at Downright Dystopian. It's pretty much just a way to wrap up everything that has happened over the past month. I also pick favorites and I share what I'm going to read next month!
Books Read in January 2013
  1. What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
  2. Black City by Elizabeth Richards
  3. Lullaby by Amanda Hocking
  4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  5. Reached by Ally Condie
  6. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  7. A Million Suns by Beth Revis
  8. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
  9. The Prey by Andrew Fukuda
  10. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
  11. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
  12. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  13. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  14. Noah and Mara's First Meeting from Noah's POV by Michelle Hodkin
  15. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
  16. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (Almost finished with... so I'm counting it.)
I did really well this month. I actually beat my record of 13 books from way back when I started this blog in July 2012.

Reviews Posted in December 2012

To Be Read for January 2013
Since I never follow by tbr, I guess this could just be books that I'd like to read at the moment. I usually end up just reading what I feel like reading.
  1. Divergent by Veronica Roth (re-read)
  2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  3. Tempest by Julie Cross (re-read)
  4. Legend by Marie Lu (Re-read)
  5. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
  6. The Unidentified by Rae Mariz (re-read)
  7. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (re-read)
  8. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
As always, this is more of a guidline. I know I'm probably not going to follow through!
Favorite Book of the Month
I'm going to have to go with Persistence of Vision by Liesel K. Hill. It was absolutely amazing. It was my kind of dystopian, most definitely.
Favorites in Each Genre
Dystopian Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Paranormal Romance The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Contemporary N/A
Steampunk N/A
Historical Fiction N/A
Fantasy Lullaby by Amanda Hocking

Science Fiction A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Favorite Cover of the Month
 
I love this cover. I was pretty much tied between What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang and this one, although this one had won in the end. It's so beautiful and the colors are really pretty.

Favorite Characters of the Month
Male Noah Shaw from The Unbecmoing of Mara Dyer and The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Female Lena from Delirium and Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Favorite Setting/World of the Month
This month, I'm going to have to go with Beth Revis's ship... Godspeed. It's just full of so much mystery and I'm completely intrigued.

What were your favorites of the month?

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You read so much this month! I'm not a fast reader nor do I have the time to read more than 3 or 4 books a month and I usually only get 1 or 2 done. I'm so jealous of your ability and time!

    What did you think of Everneath? It's one of my favorite books! I love Brodi!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to say that everyone reads a lot of books, I was wondering how they read so much or if they're just fast readers. I only read 4 this month, hopefully I'll read more on February, I even set a goal

    Rivie @ Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the colors of A Million Suns really elevate the cover-so pretty! And a book I need to read so I can be ready to finish the series. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah... just take care or one day books are going to come out of your eyes and ears if you continue reading so much...or, you know, maybe I started this comment without a brain that actually works which is why I can't think of something intelligent to say. Okay, forget about the body parts and give me another try - congrats to reading sooo many books this month! And congrats on your awesome taste of books - loved Shiver, Delirium, Tempest...the list goes on. Also, do you plan on reading Julie Cross's Vortex? Because I read it this month and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, уuρ this paragгaph іs аctually pleаsant anԁ I have learneԁ lot of
    things from it οn the topic of blogging. thаnks.


    Αlso visit my web blog :: hentai anime

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howԁу! Do yοu know іf they make
    any plugins to help with SЕO? Ӏ'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good гesults.
    If you know of any pleaѕе share. Thank уou!


    Also visit my sitе ... paleo diet recipes dessert

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not know ωhether it's just me or if perhaps everybody else experiencing problems with your blog. It appears as though some of the text within your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a issue with my web browser because I've had this happen befоrе.
    Kudοs

    Αlso ѵisit mу wеbsite ...
    Link Wheel

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's up, its pleasant piece of writing on the topic of media print, we all know media is a wonderful source of facts.

    Visit my weblog: Acne Medication

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I cοuld hаѵe ѕwoгn I've visited this blog before but after browsing through a few of the posts I realized it's new tο me.
    Аnyhoω, I'm certainly pleased I discovered it and I'll be book-marκing it and checking back regularly!


    Hеre iѕ my homepage - http://www.getrippedabsfast.info

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was ѕuggеsted thiѕ ωeb ѕіte by my cоusin.
    I am not sure ωhethеr оr not thіs post is written viа him as no one else rесognize such speciаl about my
    difficulty. Yоu're amazing! Thanks!

    Feel free to visit my blog post - article kevo
    my website: here

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!